Usually, beginner bloggers rarely take care of this problem, provided there are images that fit and appropriate it will be uploaded directly to the blog. Regarding the size of the blog post image affairs later, as a result, the image will look less tidy and if it has a large size will slow loading the blog itself.
Note also if you will take pictures on the internet and in pairs of blogs, make sure the image is copyright-free so that no one claimed ownership of the image. Better yet, if we use our own image.
The ideal image format for blogs
There are different types of image formats available such as JPEG (JPG), PNG and GIF. Mostly, we use a JPEG file format but sometimes we tend to use PNG and GIF as well.
- JPEG format - JPEG format is best used for this type of digital photography blog and it is the most widely used format for installing images in the form of photos, but not infrequently also in use for blogs and portals other than photography. Examples of blogs that use a lot of JPEG format is a travel blog, travel, blog recipes and so on.
- PNG format - The most common type of PNG format in blogs in general, because the PNG image format can be edited and compressed to the lowest size (about 70%) without compromising the quality of the original image. The PNG format is usually used for blogs that prioritize performance and loading speed, such as blog tutorials.
- GIF format - This type of format typically supports small image sizes, such as logos and such.
For its use can we adjust according to the needs of our blog, do not force to use the image format that is not appropriate because the results will not match expectations.
Size of image dimensions suitable for blog
For the size of post images (dimensions), we can customize with each blog template, while the ideal size is as follows.
- Templates 1 Columns Can use photos or images with the size of 700 x 360 pixels or 600 x 400 pixels
- Templates 2 columns Can use photos or images with sizes 600 x 400 pixels or 600 x 320 pixels
- Templates 3 columns Can use images or photos with size 300 x 250
What if the image dimension size does not match the size above? We can edit the image using a software image editor like Photoshop or Microsoft Office Picture Manager or any other image editing software, create a size that suits your template.
The size of the image capacity is good for blogs
Before we upload the image in the blog post, it would be the nice picture in compress first. In order not to make loading blogs to be slow. This way we can overcome through the image compression tool, the size of the ideal image capacity is 65 - 115 kb. But if possible for a smaller size will be better, as long as the image is still visible.
Thus a simple explanation of the size of an ideal blog post image, in addition, we can optimize images for SEO friendly and easy to track by search engines. Photos or images generate nearly 35% of searches on search engines, by utilizing and optimizing images, will also add traffic/visitors to our blog.