Understanding Ads Generally
Blogboosters.net - What is an ad? Understanding Advertising is a form of information done by a person, agency/institution, or company, whose contents in the form of an interesting message about a product or service addressed to the audience. The purpose and purpose of advertising are to persuade/encourage people to become interested in using products/services offered.
Usually, ads are installed in various media to be seen by many people, be it offline media or online media. Some of these media include Newspapers, Magazines, Tabloids, Television, News Sites, Blogs, Social Media, Search Engines, and public places.
In general, advertising is in the form of non-personal information about a product or service, company, brand, and others, with certain cost compensation. All communication in this form of advertising is intended to attract attention or persuade others to buy or do something that benefits the advertiser.
Understanding Ads According to Experts
To better understand what the meaning of advertising then we can refer to the opinion of some experts. Here is an ad definition by experts:
1. Courtland L. BoveeAccording to Courtland L. Bovee, the definition of advertising is a non-personal communication that is usually paid and is persuasive about a product, service, or idea of a sponsor published through various media.
2. KotlerUnderstanding of advertising according to Kotler is a form of presentation and promotion of goods, services, and ideas, non-personal by a particular sponsor which for delivery usually have to pay a media.
3. Rhenald KasaliAccording to Rhenald Kasali, the meaning of the word ad is a message that offers a product/service addressed to audiences with through a medium.
4. Big Indonesian Dictionary (KBBI)Understanding advertising by KBBI is a message or news that aims to encourage, persuade the public to be interested in the goods/services offered.
As explained in the definition of the above advertisement, the general purpose of advertising is to persuade or encourage others to be interested in using a product/service. Here is the purpose of the ad:
Provide information to audiences about a product or service, a brand, a company, or an idea. Ads use a persuasive language by highlighting the advantages of the products/services offered.
Affect others who are the target market for using and buying products or services offered to them.
Benefits of Advertising
Ads will never exist if they do not provide benefits to the advertiser. In general, there are several advertising benefits that advertisers can get:
1. The advertised product or service will be known or better known in the wider community.
2. New customers are increasing, increasing the sales rate of advertised products/services.
3. The advertiser's profit will increase due to the sale of his / her advertised product.
4. Increase brand awareness of a brand in the wider community so that people easily identify the product.
It's easy to recognize an ad. By recognizing its characteristics, we can know whether a message or information is an advertisement or not.
The following are typical advertising features:
- Information or message communicative and informative
- Ads use persuasive words to make them more appealing to others.
- Using appropriate words ( diction ) or language, logical, polite, and easily understood by the public or target market.
- Describe the product/service and how the product/service works.
Ad TermsThe appearance of ads does not just happen. In order for an ad to be good it must contain the following conditions:
- Ads must be objective, proportionate, and honest.
- Ads must contain clear, compact, and easy-to-understand information.
- Ads should be packed in such a way as to attract people's attention and interest.
- Ads should not offend, harm, or demean other parties/products.
Type / Type of AdThere are so many different kinds of ads we can see all along. The following describes the types of ads based on the content, media, and nature of these ads:
I. Ad Types by Content
1. Advertising Notice (Announcement)
This type of advertising aims to attract the attention of a particular audience through an information or notification. Examples of notification ads:
- Greetings news ads
- Advertising school alumni reunion
2. Offer Ad (Commerce)
This type of ad aims to offer goods or services to the public. Sample offer ads:
- Advertising offers of goods/products, such as bags, shoes, smartphones, and others.
- Offer advertising services, such as courier services, alternative medical services, and others.
|Sample Ads Oppo A59s via Pinterest|
3. Advertise of Community Services
This type of advertising aims to provide information and enlightenment to the public about an issue or a particular thing. Public service ads are created by agencies or government agencies or non-profit organizations.
II. Type of Advertising Based on Used Media
1. Print Ads
This type of advertising is installed on media that use printing techniques, whether it be the laser, screen printing, letterpress, and others. Examples of print ads we often see in newspapers, magazines, tabloids, posters, stickers, and so forth.
2. Electronic Advertising
This type of advertising takes advantage of electronic devices-based media such as radio, television, movies, and interactive digital media (the internet). Here are some of these electronic ads:
- Radio ads: radio ads can only be listened to because the form is just sound (audio). Examples of radio ads are Ad-lib, Spot, and Program Sponsors.
- TV commercials: television ads have elements of sound, images, motion, and text, making it more appealing to an audience. Some examples of television commercials are Live Action, Animation, Stop Action, Music, Sponsorship Program, Running Text, Backdrop, Credit Title, Ad-lib, Promo Ad, and Superimposed.
- Movie ads: movie ads can be seen when we see a movie/cinema. Usually, ads run before the movie begins where the form of advertising is live action, and endorsement.
- Interactive digital media ads: These types of ads appear in many online media that are large in the number of visitors. Some types of advertising in digital media such as Banner & Button, Website, Sponsorship, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Classified Ads, Social Media Marketing, and others.
- Outdoor advertising: this type of ad is an electronic advertisement that is outdoors and its position is visible to the public. Some examples of outdoor advertising are transit advertising, mobile billboards, outdoor standards, displays, and more.
III. Ad Type By Destination
Ads based on their destinations can be divided into two, commercial and non-commercial ads.
1. Commercial Ads
The purpose of commercial advertising is to seek economic benefits or to increase sales. Types of commercial ads can be divided into three, namely:
- Consumer advertising: aimed at the end consumer of a product.
- Business Ads: addressed to parties who can process or sell products advertised to the end consumer.
- Professional Ads: intended for certain segments, ie professionals.
2. Non-Commercial Ads
Types of non-commercial advertising are generally created for the purpose of providing information, solicitation, and education to the public. This ad is not for economic gain, but for social gain for all people.
The benefits of advertising are the knowledge, awareness, attitudes, and changes in people's behavior on the issues advertised. Examples of public advertising such as Family Planning campaigns, advertising the importance of education, advertising the dangers of cigarettes, global warming ads, dangers of dangerous dengue ads, and others.
Above is a brief explanation of the general and comprehensive understanding of advertising, advertising goals and benefits, the characteristics and terms of advertising, as well as the types of advertising. Maybe useful.